Previously we discuss about “How to Fix: “An Error Occurred During Directory Enumeration” in Windows XP” here we are going to fix “NTLDR” missing in Windows XP. Well there is fix to resolve the issue just follow the below steps:
1) Start the computer with Windows XP bootable CD into the computer. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
2) Select second option Press “R” (To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press “R“)
3) Log into your Windows installation by pressing the “1” key and pressing enter.
4) Type in the administrative password and hit “Enter”. If you don’t have an administrative password, simply press “Enter” to continue. This will bring you to the following command line: C:>Windows
5) Copy the NTLDR and ntdetect.com files from the Windows XP CD to the C: directory of the hard disk type the following two commands, pressing Enter after each one:
copy d:i386ntldr c:
copy d:i386ntdetect.com c:
example where “d” your CD-ROM drive letter
Once NTLDR and ntdetect.com files have been successfully copied to C: drive remove the CD from the computer and reboot.